America's Health Rankings - Vermont Overall Rank 2Strengths
- High rate of high school graduation
- Low percentage of children in poverty
- Low violent crime rate
- High prevalence of binge drinking
- Low immunization coverage among children
- Large disparity in health status by educational attainment
- In the past year, binge drinking decreased by 11 percent from 19.3 percent to 17.1 percent of adults.
- In the past year, pertussis increased by over 500 percent from 15.1 to 102.9 cases per 100,000 population, the second highest incidence in the nation.
- In the last 2 years, smoking decreased by 13 percent from 19.1 percent to 16.6 percent of adults.
- In the last 2 years, public health funding decreased by 30 percent from $149 to $104 per person.
- Since 1990, infant mortality decreased by 50 percent from 9.2 to 4.6 deaths per 1,000 live births.
Submitted/Posted by: America's Health Rankings